Everyone’s favorite promotion has returned for another year, the Disney World free dining package for 2016! As with every free dining promotion, it comes with some restrictions and limited availability but if you are able to take advantage you could be saving hundreds or even thousands on your vacation package. We had some strong hints that this was coming soon because we recently saw the UK free dining package. If you are looking to take advantage of this offer, you will want to book as soon as possible as you can imagine it is very popular and rooms book up very quickly.
Let’s take a look at the details of this year’s free dining promotion!
As with all free dining promotions that we have seen in the past, you must book a non-discounted, minimum 5-night/6-day package that includes a room at a select Disney Resort hotel and theme park ticket with Park Hopper or Water Park Fun & More Option. Be sure you pay attention to the highlighted items as they are required to be able to book this package.
I always encourage you to run the numbers in your particular situation to see if the free dining package makes sense financially. You are required to book a non-discounted room rate which increases the price, and may even make things more expensive depending on what you have booked. This year you are also required to have a park hopper or Water Park Fun & More option added which adds some cost as well if you were planning not to include that option.
To book a free dining package, you can book online at http://www.DisneyWorld.com, call Disney at (407) 939-7524 or contact a travel agent.
If you already have a vacation booked and would like to take advantage of the free dining package, you can modify your reservation online or contact Disney or your travel agent to apply the package. Some flexibility may be needed, you may have to switch dates, resorts or room types depending on what is available.
The free dining package is available during these date windows which are somewhat limited compared to previous years. You must book your package by July 8, 2016 though you definitely don’t want to wait that long.
August 23 through October 1, 2016
- Disney Visa cardholders can book starting on August 14
- November 15 through November 21, 2016
- November 26 through November 28, 2016
- December 10 through December 21, 2016
Important Details & Restrictions
- Cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion.
- Offer excludes the following room types: 3-bedroom villas, campsites, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – Little Mermaid Standard Rooms and Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.
- Alcoholic beverages and gratuities are not included. (boo!)
- Children ages 3 to 9 must choose from the children’s menu, if available.
The resorts below are available for the free dining package with some date and room type restrictions.
When booking at a value resort, you will receive the quick-service dining plan for free.
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – Family Suites only
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
When booking at a moderate resort, you will receive the dining plan for free.
- The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside – Valid only for arrivals August 23 through October 1, 2016
When booking at a deluxe resort, you will receive the dining plan for free.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
Deluxe Villa Resorts
When booking at a deluxe villa resort, you will receive the dining plan for free.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows – Studios Only
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Depending on which resort you book at, you’ll either receive the full dining plan or the quick-service dining plan. Details of each plan below are per person, per day.
Disney Dining Plan
- One quick-service meal
- One table-service meal
- One snack per person
- Resort-refillable mug
Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan
- 2 quick-service meals
- One snack per person
- Resort-refillable mug.
So there we have it, free dining has indeed been released for 2016. Many people will be jumping on this offer so if you are looking to book this package I would book as soon as possible as availability will quickly run out. Make sure you run the numbers including the non-discounted rooms and addition of the park hopper requirement to make sure it makes financial sense in your situation.
Good luck to all of you who will be booking this package! Hope you’re hungry!